Sold State Drive, or SSD, stores data on several microchips. It has no delays in serving write and read requests, since it has no moving parts which need to reach a particular point to read information.
- Very high transfer speed
- Very high performance, serving data that is around 100 times quicker compared to HDD
- Limited storage spaces, with an average capacity of 250 GB to 1TB
- Much Higher cost
In case your website needs fast response time, high performance, and utilizes random access to data, you must settle for a quality SSD hosting plan. You can read more about this website hosting reviews. This is the best option for you if you are managing a very busy website.
Hard disk drive, or HDD is the traditional hard drive option which stores data on specific platters. This was first developed and introduced by IBM decades ago. It reads and stores data from platters by moving it around its own axis while spinning extremely fast. The mechanical action results to delayed responses, technically called “access time.”
- Lower cost, users can acquire a standard HDD plan for around $50 to $200
- Plenty of disk spaces available, its current capacities: 500GB to 4TB
- Very slow performance compared to SSDs.
The HDD hosting plan is for you if your website doesn’t need a high performance. This is also for those app owners who are not utilizing millions of little files which are randomly accessed.